"Personalize that promise. Put your name in the blanks."
Chapter 1 - Glory Days, page 11
I opened this book and began reading Chapter 1 entitled Glory Days. Something inside of me started rise as my eyes filled with tears until the last word of this chapter. I compared my life with the bondage in Egypt, the wandering in the wilderness, and reaching the Promised Land Life in Canaan.
As it is said many times, “the struggle is real,” the struggle is different for every person yet similar in some instances. I came to realize before going on to Chapter 2, Inherit Your Inheritance, I have arrived in Canaan without knowing I had finally came out of the wilderness.
What did it for me? The end of Chapter 1 and the short exercise to place your name in the blanks: And the Lord gave unto Edythe all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers: and Edythe possessed it, and dwelt therein.
And the Lord gave Edythe rest round about, according to all the sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of her enemies before her; the Lord delivered all her enemies into her hand.There failed not ought of any good thing which the Lord had spoken unto the house Edythe; all came to pass.(Joshua 21:43-45)
I noticed that at the end of each chapter there was sentence that relayed a message. I began writing down the last sentence of every chapter and re-read them.
1) Ready to march? 2) Get ready to cross Jordan
3) Whenever I wander too far from my Master’s voice, my life is ruff, ruff, ruff, 4) We will all know “Amazing Grace” by heart, 5) Yours will too,
6) Then, and only then, will you be ready to face Jericho, 7) Let Him be your strength,
8) It’s just a matter of time before your Jericho comes down, 9) He will catch you every single time,
10) You may have missed a goal, but you’re still part of God’s team, 11) It was built for people like us, 12) And bring extra sunscreen, because the day of victory will last long into the night,
13) You be you, 14) You are a Promised Land person,
15) And I choose faith, 16) These days are Glory Days
Is just me? Or do you see a message too?
I recommend this book to all for enlightenment to the glory days and help with crossing your Jordan. There are excellent Bible references used as guidelines for this inspirational book. I truly enjoyed reading and performing the exercise.
I received this book from Thomas Nelson Publishers through the Litfuse Reviewer Program, in exchange for an honest opinion in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission Guidelines.