Saturday, April 26, 2014

'I LOVE BOOKS' - Live On-Air Interview - May 3, 2014 - 3:00 PM (PDT) - KARTIKA R. ANDERSON, Author of 'TURNING BLUE TO BLUE'


About 'Turning Blue to Blue'
I had to ask myself: what did succeeding look like and what did failing mean. Initially, I reasoned that failing was not being able to replace my income within 12 months. So then success was simply the opposite of that? While financially security is obviously important, along the way to wellness I am learning so much about myself, the world and my Savior. Failure is starting to look like just not trusting God and His spirit inside me. Trying to plot, plan, and schedule, and dealing with the anxiety and disappointment which that most often brings, is no longer necessary. So is success the opposite? Yes, but it is so much more. Knowing that I am in the will of God is the greatest confidence builder I have found.

About Kartika R. Anderson

 Through social media, her artwork and book, Turning Blue to Blue: How God Used Art to Overcome My Depression, she has begun a conversation with hundreds of women on the subjects of depression, medication, suicidal ideations and loss within the context of Christianity. As a graduate of Wellesley College, she has pondered and researched issues affecting women around the world, in particular the continent of Africa and the United States. Kartika’s passion is assisting women to release unproductive behaviors and beliefs in order to discover their voices.

No comments: